Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Amazing Ads on Google: 5.26.09

I am a Google addict, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Like millions of others, I started using using Google's search engine years ago, converted my email to Gmail in recent years, and have since become a regular user of Google Documents, Google Calendar, and Google Maps. Oh, and Google's Blogger, which I use to write this blog.

Google makes it's living off of advertisements, but I try to ignore them. Ads on Google pages are nondescript and small. They are also targeted specifically at the user. I find this a bit disconcerting, but the immense utility and coolness of Google's software makes it well worth the discomfort.

I have also discovered that these ads can be strange, hilarious, and revealing. So, this is the beginning of an untitled (for now) series wherein I will post the best ads I see as I'm using Gmail. This is not necessarily literacy-related in any way, but I think these ads can tell us a lot about ourselves. Or perhaps they say something about me, to whom they are targeted. I kind of hope not...

5.26.09

Pick Up Girls at Work
5 Things to do in 10 Minutes. Make Her Want You Instantly.
DavidDeAngelo.com/PickUpLines

What Is Your Self-Worth?

Learn to Connect With Your Inner Voice, Discover your Self-Worth? www.WhatisYourSelfWorth.com

Wake Up and Think
Take Your Life to The Next Level. Lessons from The American Monk.
www.TheAmericanMonk.com

Twitegy: Twitter Strategy
World's only Twitter-only Agency Social Media Marketing Done Right
www.Twitegy.com

And my personal favorite, which appeared beside an email from my fiance, Katie...
Katie Photos
Find Katie Couric Leg Photos at Great Prices.
www.Pronto.com


No comments:

Post a Comment